Friday, December 19, 2014

My Friend & I - Geb EP incl. Hypnotic Duo, Robert K [CMDR006]



My Friend & I is no other than the lithuanian producer Valdemaras Baranovskis aka Weepee, who kept this alterego for his more melodic and floating productions. Cloudy Moon Records had the opportunity to catch him under this moniker with a complete EP including three originals, 'Alfa', 'Beta' and 'Geb', and two additional remixes from 'Geb' done by progressive house veterans Hypnotic Duo and Robert K.
'Alfa' starts with a two minutes long intro, showing some soundtrack writing skills, 'Beta' becomes a percussion maniac, but both tracks having an overall bittersweet Middle East touch in the atmosphere.
'Geb' running a beautiful female vocal sample through the whole composition, while a complex melody operating well with the hypnotizing background.
Hypnotic Duo polished up the original bits, added their own ingredients to make it more accessible for tech-house lovers.
Robert K filled up his version with a huge dose of dark power and dropped some mysterious effects too, balanced it right to make a fit with the original textures. - Greyloop

My Friend & I - Alpha (Original Mix) [Cloudy Moon Records]
My Friend & I - Beta (Original Mix) [Cloudy Moon Records]
My Friend & I - Geb (Original Mix) [Cloudy Moon Records]
My Friend & I - Geb (Hypnotic Duo Remix) [Cloudy Moon Records]
My Friend & I - Geb (Robert K Remix) [Cloudy Moon Records]

http://facebook.com/cloudymoonrecords
http://soundcloud.com/cloudy-moon-records
http://cloudymoonrecords.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment